It’s the time of year where so many holidays collide and sweets and treats are within our fingertips. It’s easy to get caught up in negative oral habits as tooth decay begins creeping into our lives. That is why during this festive season it is important to remember your oral health.
Here are five tips you can use to help keep your cavities away this year:
• Brushing your teeth regularly: Brushing your teeth will keep plaque and tarter from building up causing your enamel to break down and cavities to occur.
• Flossing every day: Flossing your teeth can stop plaque from building up in the places your toothbrush can’t reach. By flossing between your teeth, you are removing any food particles, plaque and bacteria that can be harmful to your teeth.
• Eat nutritious and well-balanced meals: Most people eat snacks more than regular meals resulting in the constant use of sugary substances and bacteria that stick to your teeth. By remembering your eating habits, you can give your teeth, and body an overall healthy life.
• Visit your dentist regularly: Your dentist can provide you with regular checkups to professionally clean your teeth, and search for signs of tooth decay. It is important to remember to visit your dentist every six months so you can keep your smile as healthy as you can.
• Changing your toothbrush regularly: It is always recommended to change your toothbrush every few months due to bacteria build up on your toothbrush. With the bacteria, your teeth cannot get the proper clean they need to stay healthy. Be sure to change your toothbrush out regularly so you can keep your smile fresh.
If you have any questions about your smile, please contact our office. Your dentist will be able to answer and address any questions or concerns you have pertaining to your oral care. So, call us today and schedule an appointment. Let us give you a smile you can really show off this holiday season.